Students with Disabilities
The service is designed for students with physical, sensory (visual, auditory), cognitive, or emotional disabilities.
Support services include:
- A personal interview to assess the needs and assistance the student requires.
- Testing accommodations: Eligibility for accommodations is determined on the basis of professional considerations and letters of confirmation from expert doctors. See: Instruction for submitting request for testing accommodations because of a medical impairment or disability Instruction for submitting request for testing accommodations because of a medical impairment or disability
- Personal help throughout the academic year, including: providing information and guidance, help with self-advocacy, mediation with the university, full access to rights, and contact with bodies outside the university (National Security), coordination of testing accommodations.
- Personal academic and social mentorships, tutorials of school materials (at symbolic fees).
- Guidance for using assistive technologies (such as English reading software, time management, research skills).
- Workshops to improve study skills.
- Eligibility for free photocopying.
Specially designated services:
For students with hearing impairments:
Loans of FM devices
For students with visual impairments or blindness:
Mentorships via ALEH. Create direct link for information in “other support services”
for students with emotional disabilities:
Mentorships via a range of rehabilitation services and Natan Ltd.. Create direct link for information in “other support services”
For more information and to make a consultation appointment, please contact the unit’s secretary first.