How to access therapy
Process for accessing individual therapy:
- Fill out request form :The form may be downloaded from the website (for downloading in Word or PDF). Alternately, you can ask the unit’s office to email you the form and/or additional information.
- Schedule an intake interview: The unit coordinator will contact you to schedule an intake interview.
This intake interview is designed to allow the unit to understand the nature of your concern, to allow you to ask questions, and to receive counseling about the diverse therapies the unit offers.
At the intake interview, the unit will get to know you so that it can recommend the therapy most suited to your needs.
The intake interview may last up to 90 min.
The therapist assigned to the intake interview will not necessarily be your therapist for the duration of your therapy.
- Prior payment for the intake interview: Payment for the intake interview at the website using a credit card (link to payment and rates) or by phone.
You may also pay at the unit’s office with cash or by check made out to the University of Haifa.
** You can also come just for the intake interview to consult about the need for psychotherapy.
- Schedule an therapy: About two weeks after the intake interview, the unit coordinator will contact you to schedule the start of your therapy.
The more time slot options you provide, the faster the process can get started.
When starting treatment, fill out the payment commitment form and select your means of payment.
Process for accessing couples therapy:
- Fill out request form and couples relationship questionnaire– Both partners must fill out the questionnaire separately.
The forms may be downloaded from the website (for downloading in Word or PDF). Alternately, you can ask the unit’s office to email you the form and/or additional information.