On-campus public activity on the part of the members of the University community complements the University’s academics.
The University views it as an obligation to allow the members of its community to fully express opinions, outlooks, and beliefs, and to maintain a dialogue about them.
Public activity is defined as any political, social, cultural, entertainment, or academic (other than teaching) activity, including rallies, protests, lectures, distributing flyers, putting up booths, showing movies, and any other public activity (including enclosed spaces), except for activities held by specific University units.
Every on-campus public activity must meet the following conditions:.
- Uphold the laws of the State of Israel.
- Maintain University regulations and procedures and protect its property
- Not interfere with the routine of teaching, research, and work on campus.
No public activity may be held during the first ten days of any semester, during school holidays, or on the eve of the Sabbath and holidays, and also not on official days of commemoration or days the University marks by not holding classes.
Students or a student cell seeking to hold a public activity must contact the Dean of Students via an application form and hold the activity only after receiving approval.
Types of Requests for Public Activity
- An application to set up a booth – must be submitted to the Office of the Dean of Students at least 24 hours in advance together with the materials that will be distributed and any petitions for passersby to sign.Booths may be put up in front of Aroma.
- An application to distribute flyers – must be submitted to the Office of the Dean of Students at least 24 hours in advance together with all the materials that will be distributed. Flyers may be distributed only during breaks near building entrances.
- An application to give a speech/hold a symposium/screen a movie/hold a public event – must be submitted to the Office of the Dean of Students at least 48 hours in advance. Activity in enclosed spaces may be held on Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesday, from 4 to 6 PM.
- Activity in the square – An application using the correct form to hold a demonstration must be submitted to the Office of the Dean of Students at least 48 hours in advance along with the subject of the demonstration. The activity will be permitted in the Public Activity Square on Mondays during the 11:45 AM to 12:15 PM and 1:45 PM to 2:15 PM breaks, and on Wednesdays during the 1:45 PM to 2:15 break only.
- Request to publish an announcement – An application must be submitted along with the announcement itself (announcements no larger than A3 will be posted by the Office of the Dean of Students on the designated bulletin boards).
For more information, please see the University’s Code of Conduct and the regulations derived from it at